16-40. M1089 MAST REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Hydraulic reservoir supply valve and return
valve closed (TM 9-2320-366-10-2).
Boom assembly removed (para 16-33).
Lift cylinders removed (para 16-37).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 78, Appendix B)
Wrench, Torque, 0-600 lb-ft (Item 97, Appendix B)
Wrench Set, Socket (Item 84, Appendix B)
Tools and Special Tools (Cont)
Pan, Drain (Item 43, Appendix B)
Cap and Plug Set (Item 17, Appendix C)
Dispenser, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tape
(Item 30, Appendix C)
Sealing Compound (Item 75, Appendix C)
Left and right side hoses are removed the
same way. Left side shown.
(1) Place drain pan under mast (1).
(2) Remove eight screws (2) and four clamps (3) from mast
Cap or plug hydraulic hoses and connection
points to prevent contamination of hydraulic
Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
Tag hydraulic hoses and connection points
prior to disconnecting.
(3) Disconnect hoses (4 and 5) from fittings (6).
(4) Remove two nuts (7) and fittings (6) from mast (1).
(5) Perform steps (1) through (4) on right side hoses (4 and