16-39. M1089 TENSION LINK CYLINDER REPLACEMENT (CONT)
T e n s i o n
l i n k
c y l i n d e r
w e i g h s
approximately 60 lbs (27 kgs).
suitable lifting device prior to installation.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Steps (2) through (7) require the aid of
(2) Position tension link cylinder (2) in turntable (3) with pivot
(3) Install two rivet eyebolts (5) in pivot shaft (4).
Adhesive Sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
your eyes. Wear safety goggles when using;
avoid contact with eyes. If sealant contacts
eyes, flush eyes with water and get
immediate medical attention.
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(4) Apply sealing compound to threads of two screws (6).
(5) Position two bushings (7) and washers (8) in rivet
eyebolts (5) with screws (6).
(6) Tighten screws (6) to 240-260 lb-ft (325-352 N·m).