16-38. M1089 ERECTION CYLINDER REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Erection cylinder weighs approximately 70
lbs (32 kgs). Attach suitable lifting device
prior to installation. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel or damage to
Step (1) requires the aid of an assistant.
(1) Install erection cylinder (1) on mast (2) with pivot shaft
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(2) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (4).
(3) Install rivet eyebolt (5) in pivot shaft (3).
(4) Position bushing (6) and washer (7) in rivet eyebolt (5)
with screw (4).
(5) Tighten screw (4) to 266-295 lb-ft (360-400 N m).