16-36. M1089 BOOM BASE SECTION REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in serious injury or
death to personnel.
(4) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (5).
(5) Position bushing (6), washer (7), and screw (5) in rivet
(6) Tighten screw (5) to 266-295 lb-ft (361-400 N·m).
Lift cylinders must be supported to install
pivot shaft. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel or damage to equipment.
Steps (7) requires the aid of an assistant.
(7) Install RH lift cylinder (8) in boom base section (1) with
pivot shaft (9).
(8) Install rivet eyebolt (10) in pivot shaft (9).