16-35. M1089 BOOM MID SECTION AND TELESCOPIC CYLINDER REPLACEMENT/
(10) Remove two fittings (15) from telescopic cylinder (3).
(11) Remove two preformed packings (16) and preformed
packings (17) from fittings (15).
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If Dry Cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If Dry
Cleaning Solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate
medical attention. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Measure thickness of two body wear pads (1), replace
body wear pad if thickness measures less than 0.25 in.
(3) Measure thickness of two upper wear pads (2), replace
upper wear pad if thickness measures less than 0.25 in.