16-34. M1089 BOOM FLY SECTION REPLACEMENT/ADJUSTMENT
This task covers:
e. Follow-On Maintenance
Boom positioned over rear of vehicle with
boom mid section fully extended and boom fly
section partially extended (TM 9-2320-366-10-2).
Hook block assembly removed (TM 9-2320-366-20-
Boom sheave removed (TM 9-2320-366-20-4).
Batteries disconnected (TM 9-2320-366-20-3).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 78, Appendix B)
Sling, Cargo (Item 56, Appendix B)
Gloves, Rubber (Item 26, Appendix B)
Tools and Special Tools (Cont)
Goggles (Item 28, Appendix B)
Rope, Fibrous (Item 62, Appendix C)
Grease, Ord, Extreme Pressure (Item 38, Appendix
Sealing Compound (Item 76, Appendix C)
Pin, Cotter (4) (Item 325, Appendix F)
Rag, Wiping (Item 60, Appendix C)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Item 83, Appendix C)
Overload shutdown cable is on a tension reel.
Allow cable to rewind slowly. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Disconnect overload shutdown cable eye (1) from screw
(2) Remove four cotter pins (3) from two shafts (4) Discard
(3) Remove two shafts (4) from telescopic cylinder (5).
(4) Loosen jam nut (6) on setscrew (7).
(5) Loosen setscrew (7) on outer end of boom mid section