16-33. M1089 BOOM ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Lift cylinders must be supported to install
pivot shafts. Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel and
damage to equipment.
Step (7) requires the aid of an assistant.
(7) Install RH lift cylinder (9) in boom assembly (1) with pivot
(8) Install rivet eyebolt (11) in pivot shaft (10).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(9) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (12).
(10) Position bushing (13), washer (14), and screw (12) in
rivet eyebolt (11).
(11) Tighten screw (12) to 266-295 lb-ft (361-400 N·m).