Boom assembly weighs approximately 1330
lbs (604 kgs). Attach a suitable lifting device
prior to installation. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel or damage to
Personnel must stand clear during lifting
operations. Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Position boom assembly (1) on boom rest (2).
Lift cylinders must be supported to install
pivot shaft. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel or damage to equipment.
Step (2) requires the aid of an assistant.
(2) Install LH lift cylinder (3) in boom assembly (1) with pivot
(3) Install rivet eyebolt (5) in pivot shaft (4).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(4) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (6).
(5) Position bushing (7), washer (8), and screw (6) in rivet
(6) Tighten screw (6) to 266-295 lb-ft (361-400 N·m).