16-13. M1084/M1086 HOIST ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
(4) Adjust front swivel nut (8) on tension load cell (7) until
approximately 0.25 in. (0.64 cm) of threads are
protruding past front swivel nut.
Step (5) requires the aid of an assistant.
(5) Tighten rear swivel nut (9) on tension load cell (7) until
a gap between boom assembly (10) and boom brace (3)
is 0.015-0.030 in. (0.038-0.076 cm).
(6) Install jam nut (11) on tension load cell (7).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(7) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (12).
(8) Install stop block (13) and screw (12) on boom brace (3).