16-9. M1084/M1086 TENSION LINK CYLINDER REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
MHC erected with end of boom lowered in cargo
bed (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Engine shutdown (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 78, Appendix B)
Wrench, Torque, 0-600 ft-lb (Item 97, Appendix B)
Wrench Set, Socket (Item 84, Appendix B)
Sealing Compound (Item 76, Appendix C)
Grease, Automotive and Artillery (Item 35, Appendix
(1) Remove screw (1), washer (2), and bushing (3) from
rivet eyebolt (4).
(2) Remove rivet eyebolt (4) from lower pivot shaft (5).
(3) Remove lower pivot shaft (5) and tension link cylinder (6)
from turntable (7).
(4) Remove screw (8), washer (9), bushing (10), and rivet
eyebolt (11) from upper pivot shaft (12).
Drive pivot shaft out far enough to release
tension link cylinder. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel or damage to
Steps (5) and (6) require the aid of an assistant.
(5) Drive pivot shaft (12) and tension link cylinder (6) from
boom assembly (13).
(6) Remove tension link cylinder (6) from boom assembly