16-6. M1084/M1086 BOOM BASE SECTION REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Step (9) requires the aid of an assistant.
(9) Raise RH lift cylinder (10) in position with boom base
(10) Install upper pivot shaft (11) in RH lift cylinder (10).
(11) Install rivet eyebolt (12) in pivot shaft (11).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(12) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (13).
(13) Position bushing (14), washer (15), and screw (13) in
rivet eyebolt (12).
(14) Tighten screw (13) to 190-210 lb-ft (258-285 N·m).