Step (5) requires the aid of an assistant.
(5) Operate crane to extend and retract boom fly section (5).
Hold machinists rule at outer end of boom mid section
(3) and observe reading on machinists rule to determine
high spot of boom fly section (5).
(6) Operate crane to place high spot of boom fly section (5)
directly under outer end of boom mid section (3).
(7) Repeat steps (1) and (2) to obtain required shim
(8) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
e. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Install boom sheave (TM 9-2320-366-20-5).
(2) Install hook block assembly (TM 9-2320-366-20-5).
(3) Perform crane load test (para 16-31).
End of Task.