16-4. M1084/M1086 BOOM FLY SECTION REPLACEMENT/ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
(2) Remove four cotter pins (3) from two shafts (4). Discard
(3) Remove two shafts (4) from boom fly section (5).
(4) Remove two screws (6), spacer block (7), and shim(s)
(8) from boom mid section (9).
Boom fly section weighs approximately
120 lbs (55 kgs). Attach a suitable
lifting device prior to removal. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
A guide rope must be attached to aid in
controlling boom fly section during
removal. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
Steps (5) and (6) require the aid of an
(5) Adjust cargo sling to balance boom fly section (5).
(6) Remove boom fly section (5) from boom mid section (9).