13-42. FRONT CROSSMEMBER REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Perform step (2) on right side of front
(2) Remove two self-locking nuts (5), bolts (6), and bracket
(7) from front crossmember (4). Discard self-locking
When removing bolts, continuous removal of
collars is mandatory. Failure to comply will
result in seizing of collar to bolt.
Left and right side of front crossmember is
removed the same way. Left side shown.
(3) Remove four collars (8) and bolts (9) from front
crossmember (4). Discard collars and bolts.
(4) Perform step (3) on right side of front crossmember.
Front crossmember weighs approximately
200 lbs (91 kgs). Attach a suitable lifting
device prior to removal. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
(5) Remove front crossmember (4) from vehicle.