13-6. REAR TENSION BEAM AND TAILLIGHT MOUNTING BRACKET REPLACEMENT
c. M1093 Removal.
Left and right side of rear tension beam is
removed the same way. Left side shown.
Steps (1) through (4) require the aid of an
(1) Remove pin (1) and shackle (2) from rear tension beam
When removing bolts, continuous removal of
collars is mandatory. Failure to comply will
result in seizing of collar to bolt.
(2) Remove collar (4) and bolt (5) from rear tension beam
(3). Discard collar and bolt
(3) Remove two self-locking nuts (6), bolts (7), and rear
spreader bar bracket (8) from rear tension beam (3).
Discard self-locking nuts.
(4) Remove three collars (9), bolts (10), and taillight
mounting bracket (11) from rear tension beam (3).
Discard collars and bolts.
(5) Perform steps (1) through (4) on right side of rear
(6) Remove rear tension beam (3) from vehicle.