10-6. INTERMEDIATE AXLE DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Ensure needle bearings are aligned prior to
installation of bearing cups on universal joint
end caps. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
Step (11) requires the aid of an assistant.
(11) Remove drive shaft (16) from frame (17).
(12) Position universal joint (18) on drive yoke (19) with two
bearing cups (20) and four screws (21).
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
screw small hex head will break off.
(13) Tighten four screws (21).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Install axle shaft (TM 9-2320-366-20-4).
(1.1) Lubricate drive shaft universal joint and slip yoke (TM 9-
(2) Refill intermediate axle differential oil (TM 9-2320-366-
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10).
(4) Operate vehicle and check for proper operation of
intermediate axle differential carrier (TM 9-2320-366-10).
(5) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-266-10).
(6) Check intermediate axle differential carrier for oil leaks.
End of Task.