Alternatley tighten screws.
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
small screw hex head will break off.
(75) Tighten four screws (74).
Grease must flow from all four seals. Failure
to comply may result in damage to
(76) Apply lubrication to grease fittings (TM 9-2320-366-20).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Install intermediate axle wheels and remove trestles (TM
(1.1) Lubricate drive shaft universal joint and slip yoke (TM 9-
(2) Check differential oil level (TM 92320-366-20-3).
(3) Operate vehicle and check for unusual noises or
vibration (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(4) Check intermediate axle assembly for air leaks (TM 9-
End of Task.