10-2. INTERMEDIATE AXLE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
damage your eyes. Wear safety goggles
when using; avoid contact with eyes. If
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with
attention. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel.
(18) Apply sealing compound to threads of 45-degree fitting
(19) Install 45-degree fitting (17) on intermediate axle
(20) Install axle breather hose (18) on fitting (17).
Perform steps (21) through (39) on M1088 and
M1089 and on vehicle serial number 2451 and
higher serial numbers.
Left and right side front air chambers are
installed the same way. Left side shown.
(21) Apply sealing compound to threads of two adapters (19),
90-degree fitting (20), and two 90-degree fittings (21).
(22) Install two adapters (19) in front air chamber (22).
(23) Install 90-degree fitting (20) in front air chamber (22).
(24) Install two 90-degree fittings (21) in adapters (19).