7-18. TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (UNUSUAL CONDITIONS) (CONT)
Cap or plug hydraulic connections to prevent
contamination of hydraulic system. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
Vehicle serial numbers 0001 through 7161
may have transmission oil cooler tubes
installed. Vehicle serial numbers 7162 and
higher will have transmission oil cooler hoses
Tag hoses, tubes, and connection points prior
Perform steps (8) through (11) on vehicles
equipped with transmission oil cooler tubes.
(8) Disconnect transmission oil cooler hose (18) from 90-
degree fitting (19).
(9) Disconnect transmission oil cooler tube (20) from 90-
degree fitting (21).
(10) Loosen jam nuts (22) on 90-degree fittings (19 and
Note position of 90-degree fittings prior to
(11) Remove 90-degree fittings (19 and 21) from
(12) Remove preformed packings (23) from 90-degree
fittings (19 and 21). Discard preformed packings.