Step (6) requires the aid of an assistant.
Perform step (6) on vehicles equipped with
transmission oil cooler hoses.
(6) Remove four self-locking nuts (11), bolts (12) and
lower front support crossmember (13) from vehicle.
Discard self-locking nuts.
Cap or plug hydraulic connections to
prevent contamination of hydraulic system.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
Perform steps (7) through (12) on vehicles
equipped with transmission oil cooler tubes.
Tag tubes, and connection points prior to
(7) Disconnect transmission oil cooler hose (14) from 90-
degree fitting (15).
(8) Disconnect transmission oil cooler tube (16) from 90-
degree fitting (17).
(9) Loosen two jam nuts (18) on 90-degree fittings (15
Note position of 90-degree fittings prior to
(10) Remove 90-degree fittings (15 and 17) from
(11) Remove two preformed packings (19) from 90-degree
fittings (15 and 17). Discard preformed packings.