(34) Position washer (46) and nose housing (42) on shift
housing (33) with matchmarks aligned.
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(35) Apply sealing compound to threads of five screws (47).
(36) Position five screws (47) in nose housing (42).
Step (37) requires the aid of an assistant.
(37) Tighten five screws (47) to 13-17 lb-ft (18-23 N·m).
(38) Install preformed packing (48) on shift housing (33).
Apply a drop or two of oil on cams prior to
(39) Position shift housing (33)onfieldring
(40) Install washer (49) on armature (14).
(41) Apply sealing compound to threads of five screws (50).
(42) Install five lockwashers (51) and screws (50) in shift