(27) Install preformed packing (40) on shift housing (25).
Drive and two washers must be aligned with
armature shaft during assembly of shift and
drive housings. Failure to comply may result
in damage to equipment.
(28) Position shift housing (25) on drive housing (10) with
damage your eyes. Wear safety goggles
when using; avoid contact with eyes. If
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with
attention. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel.
(29) Apply sealing compound to threads of five screws (41).
(30) Position five lockwashers (42) and screws (41) in shift
(31) Tighten five screws (41) to 108-132 lb-in. (12-15 N·m).
(32) Install boot (43) on link spool (44).
Use care not to damage link spool during
installation. Failure to comply will result in
damage to equipment.
(33) Wrap three layers of abrasive cloth around plunger (45)
and link spool (44).
(34) Position boot (43) and link spool (44) in plunger (45).
(35) Hold plunger (45) in a fixed position.
(36) Tighten link spool (44) to 27-33 lb-in. (3-4 N·m).