(20) Remove four locknuts (36) from turbocharger (9).
(21) Remove turbocharger (9) and gasket (37) from exhaust
manifold (38). Discard gasket.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
Ensure all openings of replacement turbocharger
are covered with wiping rags.
coverings as connections are made. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Apply antiseize compound to threads of exhaust manifold
(2) Position turbocharger (2) and gasket (3) on exhaust
manifold (4) with four locknuts (5).
(3) Tighten four locknuts (5) to 36-44 lb-ft (49-60 N m).