4-4. FUEL SETTING CHECK
This task covers:
a. Fuel Setting Check
b. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Valve cover removed (TM 9-2320-366-20-3).
Fuel shutoff solenoid removed (para 6-4).
Fuel injectors synchronized (para 4-3).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 78, Appendix B)
Tool Kit, Intl. Comb. Eng. (TM 9-2320-366-20)
Wrench, Torque, 0-60 N·m (Item 96, Appendix B)
a. Fuel Setting Check.
Injector spring compressor must be installed on
all fuel injectors that have the rocker arms
Failure to comply may result in
internal damage to fuel injectors.
Hold rocker arm assembly level when removing
from engine to prevent disassembly.
(1) Remove four bolts (1) from No. 1 cylinder rocker arm (2).
(2) Remove No. 1 cylinder rocker arm (2) from cylinder head
(3) Remove bolt (4) from cylinder head (3).
Ensure end of injector rack bar is clean.
Failure to comply may result in faulty reading.
(4) Install the shortest (0.442 in.) dial indicator contact point
on dial indicator group.
(5) Install dial indicator group with bolt (5) on cylinder head