Ensure dial indicator lever is in contact with
end face of rack bar. Failure to comply may
result in faulty reading.
(11) Firmly push rack head (9) of fuel injector to be
synchronized, toward fuel injector until rack stop (10)
contacts fuel injector base (11).
Steps (12) through (30) require the aid of an
(12) Hold rack head (9) in shutoff position and adjust dial
indicator until all dials read zero.
(13) Tighten dial indicator and release rack head (9).
(14) Push down on clamp assembly (12) to rotate rack control
linkage (13) in FUEL ON direction.
(15) Quickly release clamp assembly (12) to ensure springs
and bearings of rack control linkage (13) are in their
(16) Firmly push rack head (9) of No. 1 fuel injector (4)
toward injector until rack stop (10) contacts injector base
(17) Hold rack head (9) in this position for steps (18) and