4-3. FUEL INJECTOR SYNCHRONIZATION (CONT)
(4) Remove three push rods (5) from cylinder head (3).
Injector spring compressor must be installed
on all fuel injectors that have rocker arms
removed. Failure to comply may result in
internal damage to fuel injector.
(5) Install injector spring compressor on No. 1 fuel injector
(6) Lightly tap injector spring compressor with a soft face
If injector rack does not move freely, repeat
steps (5) and (6).
(7) Check for free movement of injector rack bar (6).
Perform steps (3) through (7) on all fuel
injector(s) to be synchronized.
(8) Remove bolt (7) from inlet manifold (8), nearest to fuel
injector to be synchronized.
Ensure end face of injector rack bar is clean.
Failure to comply may result in faulty reading.
(9) Install the shortest (0.442 in.) (1.122 cm) dial indicator
contact point on dial indicator group.
(10) Install dial indicator group on injector to be synchronized.