3-23. EXHAUST MANIFOLD REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(1) Apply antiseize compound to threads of 12 screws (1).
(2) Apply sealant to two manifolds (2 and 3).
(3) Install two manifolds (2 and 3) in exhaust manifold (4).
(4) Position gasket (5), exhaust manifold (4), and two
manifolds (2 and 3) on cylinder head (6) with retaining
ring (7) and two screws (1).
(5) Position two gaskets (5) between exhaust manifold (4)
and manifold (3) with four retaining rings (7) and eight
(6) Position retaining ring (7) on manifold (2) with two