3-16. OIL PAN REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Use caution when removing gasket, seating
surface of oil pan can be easily damaged.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(12) Remove gasket (14) from oil pan (2). Discard gasket.
(13) Remove plug (15) from oil pan (2).
(14) Remove preformed packing (16) from plug (15). Discard
(1) Install preformed packing (1) on plug (2).
(2) Install plug (2) in oil pan (3).
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(3) Apply gasket cement to oil pan (3).
(4) Align holes in gasket (4) with holes in oil pan (3).
(5) Install gasket (4) on oil pan (3).