3-8. CRANKSHAFT FRONT SEAL REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Wear appropriate eye protection when
Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(5) Drill three equally spaced holes in crankshaft front seal
(6) Remove crankshaft front seal (10) from crankshaft (8).
Discard crankshaft front seal.
Crankshaft front seal must be installed with
shipping sleeve in place. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Install crankshaft front seal (1) on crankshaft (2).
(2) Position seal installer and plate (3), on crankshaft (2)
with four washers (4) and screws (5).
Front seal is properly seated when recessed
into front housing 0.08-0.12 in. (0.20-0.30
(3) Measure distance from surface of crankshaft front seal
to surface of front housing.
(4) Tighten four screws (5) on plate (3).