Change 1 2-119
(1) Position drain pan under valve body.
(2) Remove drain plug from transfer case.
(3) Drain oil from transfer case.
(4) Install drain plug in transfer case.
(5) Remove ten screws from valve body
(6) Remove valve body cover and gasket from
transfer case. Discard gasket.
(7) Disconnect transfer case wiring harness
connector OSS from output speed sensor.
(8) Set multimeter to ohms.
(9) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to output speed sensor pin A.
(10) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to output speed sensor pin B and note
reading on multimeter.
(11) If resistance is less than 200 ohms or
greater than 400 ohms, replace output
speed sensor (para 8-2).