FUEL INJECTOR TEST
Refer to para 3-14 to adjust valve clearance.
(1) Remove valve cover (TM 9-2320-366-20-3).
Use extreme care when opening
cab door with cab raised. Failure
to comply may cause injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
(2) Open cab door.
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Actuating the control shaft lever
places the injector in the Fuel On
position for a few seconds. This
causes excess fuel to be injected
into that particular cylinder,
causing a loud combustion knock.
(4) Actuate No. 1 cylinder control shaft lever.
(5) If actuating fuel injector does not result in a
loud combustion knock, fuel injector is faulty.
(6) Repeat step (5) for remaining injectors.
(7) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(8) Close cab door.
(9) Install valve cover (TM 9-2320-366-20-3).
(10) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).