FUEL INJECTOR TEST
(1) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Remove valve cover (TM 9-2320-366-20-3).
Use extreme care when opening
cab door with cab raised. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
(3) Open cab door.
(4) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Actuating the control shaft lever
places the injector in the Fuel On
position for a few seconds. This
causes excess fuel to be injected
into that particular cylinder,
causing a loud combustion knock.
(5) Actuate No. 1 cylinder control shaft lever.
(6) If actuating fuel injector does not result in a
loud combustion knock, fuel injector is faulty.
(7) Repeat step (5) for remaining injectors.
(8) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(9) Close cab door.
(10) Install valve cover (TM 9-2320-366-20-3).
(11) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).